Personal Growth from SelfGrowth.com-- SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Personal Growth on the Internet.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do you listen to what 'They' say?

Many times we fall victim to listening to others instead of ourselves. We often fear criticism from others which can prevent us from pursuing our goals. In the past, I have fallen victim to concern myself about what others think. I have learned that you should not care what others think. The only person that can live your life is you. The only person that can achieve your goals and dreams is you. ‘They’ gain nothing or lose nothing when it comes to your goals. More importantly, “they” are not you. ‘They’ do not see your vision or feel your passion. But who are ‘They’? "They" are typically people you know: family and friends. ‘They’ offer opinions about what you should and should not do when it comes to your dreams. ‘They’ will be quick to tell you that your dream is unreal. ‘They’ will be quick to criticize you if fail. ‘They’ are de-motivators. ‘They’ are dream killers.

If you truly want to achieve your goal or dream, then do it! Do not concern yourself with what ‘They’ think. Believe in yourself and you will be equipped with every tool that you will need to succeed. Do not listen to what ‘They’ say; only listen to what you say. Typically the best supporters are people that you do not even know. I believe that you can achieve your goals. I believe in you. Unfortunately just like ‘They’, it doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what you think. My only hope is that you see what I see in you. I see a winner. I see an achiever. I see a believer. What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment