Personal Growth from SelfGrowth.com-- SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Personal Growth on the Internet.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Uncomfort zone

Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail - Elliott Smith
In order to achieve your goals, you sometimes have to get out of your comfort zone. It may be hard. You may think that it is not necessary. If you indeed are serious about being successful, you will have to enter into the uncomfort zone. It's only uncomfort until you have expanded your thinking. Being open-minded allows you to take risks. When we remain in our comfort zone, we will not reach our potential. I recognized through self-analysis that I was shy. I was happy and content working by myself.  In order for me to get to where I wanted to go though, I had to break out of my shyness. I put myself in situations that would force me to interact, engage and collaborate with others. Taking myself out of my comfort zone helped me to develop my interpersonal skills. As I pursue my goals, I'm constantly having to get out of my comfort zone. It is developing me as a person. It is pushing me ever so close to my goals. You must recognize areas that are essential to reaching your goals that are not in your comfort zone. Believe in yourself and the commitment you have made to your success. At that point, enter the uncomfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment