Personal Growth from SelfGrowth.com-- SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Personal Growth on the Internet.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Back and Better!!!!

My goal is to everyday drop a post that will "do something' for the reader. Unfortunately, I was ill the past week and thus was not able to post anything. When I'm sick because of a cold, I have always had the mindset that I cannot think properly. I decided yesterday that has to change. What prompted my change in thought was Michael Jordan. I watched Michael Jordan play basketball from his years at UNC to his decline with the Washington Wizards. In his prime with the Bulls, he is considered by many (including me) as the greatest basketball player in the history of the NBA; Perhaps the greatest athlete. Anyway, I was watching Hardwood classics on the NBATV channel and caught Game 5 of the 1997 NBA championship game Bulls vs Jazz (The Flu Game). I marveled then as I did 10 plus years ago at how Jordan was able to play at such a high level in a physical sport despite having the flu. I thought about how many other top athletes have played ill or with injuries and still performed at a high level. Not having the luxury of interviewing them,  I would have to say that the x-factor was their mental state. The will, desire and drive to succeed was too much for the physical ailments to stop them. Mind over matter. You hear it all the time. You may see it. Sometimes you may actually do it. Under stressful situations, mind over matter will take over due to instinct ( a parent protecting a child). I will be at a high level at what I do. Therefore I will not let anything prohibit me from this point on giving you inspiration and motivation or at least something to think about. My mind is now and will continually be programmed to do what I envision doing and nothing will stop me. You will go as far as your mind and thoughts take you. You are what you think! Think wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment